Purple Obsession!

It's finally November, which means I already exchanged the pumpkins on my porch for golden baubles, glitter ornaments and silver candles. Not only has the decoration in the Mermaid household changed, but also the Mermaid's wardrobe and makeup! It's usually this time of the year when I get bored of all those autumn colours (don't get me wrong, I absolutely dig 'em in September & October) and all my orange, maroon and auburn clothes get packed away for the next year.
Apparently it's not socially acceptable to get out my Christmas Jumpers plus my neighbours already secretly hate me for going aaaall out with the Christmas decor, so I usually settle for grey, black and white simple clothes. To make everything a bit more wha wha woom I love doing purple make up! I think it really suits my blond hair and fair complexion and for someone who doesn't really experiment with make up, purple is already a huge step out of my comfort zone. Today I'd love to share my favourite purple bits and bobs with you and maybe you'll find something to put onto your Christmas Wish List!

Whilst the KIKO eyeshadow is really pigmented and bright, the two others are a tad more subtle. Although it looks like there's glitter in the Catrice one, you can't really see that once it's on your eye. It blends super easily and I love using it in my crease. I wasn't sure if the essence eyeshadow deserves to be in here since it's not really purple, but since it goes so well with the other two, I decided to include it. I love blending this shade into the dark purple lipstick down below to make it look extra matte and metallic and I've gotten so many compliments!
First of all, I need to apologise for the condition my lipsticks are in. They do look kinda ragged but at least this proves that I really used them before writing this review. I personally think it's super weird if bloggers write reviews and you can see that the product clearly hasn't been used previously.
I can safely say that the essence 08 is REALLY long lasting. I've been out clubbing and nothing can stop this bad girl from staying on your lips!
The second one has been my favourite lipstick for a while now and I already dread the time I run out of it since I can't get it in the UK...
I've snatched the KIKO one from my mum when she was staying over in September. She said she never liked it because it's too shimmery for her but I actually quite like it although I'm usually more into mattes. It's a pale purple shade with a silver metallic shine and depending on the rest of your makeup you can dress it up or down!


One of my favourite perfumes (and it just happens to be purple) is the One Direction You & I. I get made fun of owning this quite often, but it's the same people that ask me "what lovely scent" I'm wearing.
All I can say about these polishes is that every single one of them is simply amazing. All of them are long lasting and you need two coats maximum only! The DEL SOL one isn't a full coverage one, but I love layering it on top of black nail polish, it adds some lovely glitter! My favourite of these is probably the KIKO 255- it's just fab!
What's your go to colour in November? Let me know in the comments below!
xoxo Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I conceal my acne scars...

Nail Polish Favourites - Spring Edition!

Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey! My Morning Routine.